Monday, November 28, 2011

Full Disclosure

I'd like to thank people for the enthusiastic reception of this blog and my photobook.  I'm here to admit that I have a not-so-secret agenda behind it all.  My idea is that the current book will serve as a kind of template or advertisement for an even bigger book.

At some point I want to put out an open call for submission of photos of wildflowers and other flora from our area that we could turn into a really beautiful coffee book.  My little book might be nice, but to be honest, the pictures aren't that great.  Sure, they look good in the aggregate, but I think we could do better with a collaborative-multiverse kind of production.  Kinda like the plants themselves, so beautiful, so diverse.  Collectively, we could make a GORGEOUS book that does our region justice.

So this blog is really a fishing expedition.  Stay tuned for further announcements!  Meanwhile, sign up for email updates or sign in as a member so that when the time comes we can spread the word far and wide.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment